L3 Harris AN/PVS-31A With Accessory Kit
The L3Harris AN/PVS-31A is an extremely light weight binocular night vision goggle. The PVS-31A was designed by L3 in conjunction with USSOCOM to replace the PVS-15. The unit features an articulating housing with manual gain, a battery pack, and incredible tube resolution.
The PVS-31 can be run both off of an onboard AA battery or powered from the included battery pack. Because of the light weight design, the user does not need to run a counterweight and can simply use the battery pack to balance the helmet. The PVS-31 battery pack also has an on board IR strobe for signaling and aerial identification. The IR strobe is operated by a single switch on the back of the battery pack. One great thing about the ability to run a battery pack is the speed in which the goggles can be up and running. With the PVS-31 the user simply can drop the dovetail on a Wilcox G24 mount and plug in the battery cable to the battery pack port on the PVS-31 housing and use their goggles.
The AN/PVS-31A has an articulating housing with independently rotating optical pods. This lets the user deploy both tubes or a single tube. This is especially helpful when users are deploying their PVS-31’s while using a thermal device. The optical pod articulation also lets users stow their goggles without having to flip the goggles up on the helmet mount. This reduces snag hazard and additional height added to the helmet.
The AN/PVS-31A uses L3Harris Unfilmed White Phosphor autogated image intensifier tubes with a 2376 minimum FOM rating from the factory. These unfilmed tubes provide incredible clarity, low light and high light performance, and increased depth perception. These are L3’s most advanced intensifier tubes and offers significant performance increases over other white phosphor systems. You have the option to choose from the following two tubes:
2376 minimum FOM Unfilmed White Phosphor:
- FOM: 2376 minimum
- Milspec Spot Spec: can have max 4 spots per tube larger than .003″, no spots larger than .003″ in zone 1. Spots </= .003″ are acceptable.
- This option is how they ship standard from L3Harris.
2376 minimum FOM Unfilmed White Phosphor – Aviation Grade:
- FOM: 2376 minimum
- Aviation Spot Spec: Max 3 spots per tube larger than .003″ in zone 3, no spots larger than .003″ in zone 1 or 2. Spots </= .003″ are acceptable.
- This option is for our customers that want a stricter spot spec offered from the factory. This option is hand selected strictly to meet the above aviation spot spec. Even though PVS-31a’s in general have incredible tubes, spots are still a reality in all night vision. If you are a customer that wants to insure a stricter spot spec this is a great option. Please understand that although an aviation spot spec is way stricter than the milspec spot spec, spots </= .003″ are still acceptable and are a reality of night vision.
- Please allow for additional lead time for aviation grade as this is a stricter spot spec than offered from L3Harris. Since we cannot order these to an aviation spot spec from L3Harris we cannot quote a definitive lead time. On average this option takes 30-60 days longer than the standard option.
-AN/PVS-31a night vision goggle
-PVS-31 battery pack & cable:
L3Harris PVS-31a Battery Pack
The L3Harris PVS-31 Battery Pack is a rugged & light weight glass-fill polymer battery pack designed to increase battery life using four lithium AA batteries. The PVS-31 battery pack extends operating time to 50 plus hours and can power the PVS-31a and GPNVG without the need for an onboard battery in the unit.
The PVS31 Battery Packs feature two built-in IR strobes for IFF and signaling. This feature is operated by an on / off switch on the bottom left of the pack. The L3harris PVS-31 battery pack is standard issue with the PVS-31a and BNVD-1531 systems. The PVS-31 battery pack is contoured to fit the curvature of most helmets and attaches to the rear of the helmet using hook velcro on the inside of the battery pack. This allows the battery pack to not only provide function as a power supply but double as a counterweight.
The L3Harris PVS-31 battery pack uses a QD cable that connects to the Fischer Connector on the device, and is compatible with the PVS-31 family, BNVD-1531, and dovetail variant of the GPNVG. This cable is 25″ in length and has two right-angle connectors for ease of use.
*Note: the BNVD connector will not work properly with LEMO connectors–in some cases the BNVD cable may provide power to the device, but is strongly discouraged, and may void device warranties.
- L3Harris PVS-31 Battery Pack
- 25″ BNVD power cable
There are no reviews yet.